A Brief Bio
May I pause and say something about bios? They always sound so arrogant and pompous. They are this moment in time where we’re supposed to brag about ourselves so that you think we’re worth your time.I’m worth your time. If you’re stuck having to read this to a crowd at a conference where I’m keynoting, hopefully, this will be easier
Chris Brogan is Publisher of Owner Magazine, a business magazine helping you improve your worth by growing your capabilities and connections. He is CEO & President of Human Business Works, a publishing and media company. He is a sought-after keynote speaker who has addressed crowds of thousands, been on the Dr Phil show, and once presented to a princess. Chris has consulted with companies you know like Disney, Microsoft, Coke, Titleist, Pepsico, Google, Motorola, and many more. He is the New York Times Bestselling author of six books and counting, including The Impact Equation, with Julien Smith. He lives in northern Massachusetts, where he frequently plays Minecraft with his kids.
A Quick Video
A Bit More About Chris Brogan
Chris has appeared in several magazine and news articles from Forbes, The Boston Globe, Success, USA Today, and has appeared on TV shows like The Dr Phil Show. (Oddly, in conversations with people who aren’t into the online world, people are always more impressed with the Dr. Phil appearance than the New York Times bestseller thing.)
Chris is also the cofounder of the PodCamp new media conference series, exploring the use of new media community tools to extend and build value.
He has over 13 years of experience in online networks, social communities, and other elements of digital business.
He has 16 years of enterprise telecommunications and wireless experience prior to all this.
Click HERE to contact Chris
If you’re looking for a speaker, check out his Speaking information page. Chris keynotes on topics such as delivering impact in a too-busy world, on working smarter, and on bravery.
What Chris Has Done
If you’re wondering why you’re bothering to read anything Chris writes, here are a few bullet points of things that he’s done in his past that might be relevant:
- Made the New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller lists for Trust Agents
- Wrote for Entrepreneur magazine (print), had TWO cover articles in SUCCESS magazine, and wrote for American Express OPEN Forum (online)
- Won the Mass High Tech All Stars award for 2008.
- Blogged since 1998 (when it was called journaling).
- Recorded several podcasts, and launched a small new media network in 2006.
- Built data centers, released software, acquired companies, and all kinds of other fun projects while working for a wireless telecommunications company.
- Launched the PodCamp unconference series with Christopher S. Penn.
- Programmed and hosted the Video on the Net conference in 2007.
- Worked on an Internet video startup with Jeff Pulver in 2007.
- Collaborated on tons of social media and social networks projects over 2007.
Disclosures and Relationships
- I am President and CEO of Human Business Works, a business design company.
- I work for New Marketing Labs, LLC, a social marketing and media company, and the Pulse Network, as Entrepreneur in Residence.
- I am co-Founder of PodCamp, an unconference series.
- I have written for Entrepreneur Magazine
- I write for SUCCESS Magazine
- I have written for American Express OPENForum
- I am an advertising partner for Federated Media. (Check there if you want to place ads with me).
- I am on the Advisory board for Hubspot
- I am on the Advisory board for IZEA
- I am cofounder of Third Tribe Marketing (affiliate link)
- I sometimes use Amazon Affiliate links to point to books I’ve reviewed.
- I’m an affiliate for Premise (affiliate link)
- I’m an affiliate for Screenflow (affiliate link)
- I’m an affiliate for Aweber email service.
- I’m an affiliate for Mark Dykeman’s Unstuck (ebook)
- I use Skimlinks to monetize some product sales on this site.
- I am an affiliate for the Genesis WordPress theme.
- I am an affiliate for Hootsuite.
- I am an affiliate for Fill Your Stadium.
- I am an affiliate for 1automationwiz.com
- I am an affiliate for Fear to Fuel
- I am an affiliate for Chris Pearson‘s DIY Themes site for the Thesis WordPress theme.
- I am an affiliate for Inmotion Hosting for sites other than chrisbrogan.com
- I am an affiliate for the Standard WordPress theme.
- I am an affiliate for Chris Garrett’s Guest Posting ebook.
- I am an affiliate for Teaching Sells, from Brian Clark (Because I think the product is worth it).
- I am an affiliate for Scribe SEO, also from Brian Clark (but am still getting the hang of using it).
- I am an affiliate for Chris Guillebeau’s Empire Builder Kit, because he’s good people.
- I am an affiliate for Rapid Videoblogging
- I am an affiliate for Beyond Blogging (because I’m in the book).
- I am a proud affiliate of Tourism Currents (because my friends Becky and Sheila put a lot of work into it).
- My site hosting is sponsored by Rackspace Cloud (*and* I’m an affiliate for them, now).
- I am an affiliate for The Biz Web Coach (Jim’s a friend)
- I have occasionally put affiliate sales links in posts older than 10 days. If they are explicit ads for a specific product, they are products or services I endorse. Those links are explicit.
- If they are Google Adsense, it’s whatever Google thought was relevant.
- I took money for an ad from CEA
- I took money for an ad from eBillMe
- Pure Digital gave me a Flip video camera to review.
- Nikon USA gave me a D60 to review (later to purchase).
- Nikon USA gave me a D300s to review (so far).
- Garmin sent me a Nuvi 200 to review (to be returned).
- BatchBlue gave me an upgraded account to review.
- FreshBooks gave me an upgraded account to review.
- Saddleback Leather sent me a messenger bag to review.
- Kodak sent me a Zx1 to play with, and then the new one .. forget the name.
- Hanes paid for a trip to Walt Disney World for me to meet and talk to them about their products and efforts.
- I am sent NUMEROUS books to review. I’ll only review the ones I like, unless I suspect you might like it, too.