Hey, published authors looking for more readers: Want to have some fun? Use FourSquare and Twitter to make a few potential new relationships happen. Here’s what I did:
- I searched at search.twitter.com for the following text: “I’m at Barnes & Noble” , which came from a FourSquare check-in.
- Here are the results.
- I then checked the users’ Twitter profiles to see if my book would make sense to them.
- I then tweeted a few people to ask if they saw my book in the marketing section.
- Then, a little dialogue, because hey, it’s weird that an author is directing you around a store.
Did I sell a few thousand more books? No. But did I start a story for someone else to tell other people? Yes.
And I did it by growing bigger ears.
This isn’t a very efficient use of your time, but it was fun, and it gives you a new way to think about services like Twitter and FourSquare.
ChrisBrogan.com runs on the Genesis Framework
The Genesis Framework empowers you to quickly and easily build incredible websites with WordPress. Whether you're a novice or advanced developer, Genesis provides you with the secure and search-engine-optimized foundation that takes WordPress to places you never thought it could go.
With automatic theme updates and world-class support included, Genesis is the smart choice for your WordPress website or blog.
- Find out more about the framework features
- Check out the Genesis demo and the wide variety of child themes
- See example designs in the Genesis design showcase