Before your next conference, consider these 10 simple things:
- Scour the web (technorati and Google Blogsearch) to see who’s coming, and reach out to people you want to see.
- Schedule meetings with people on day 1, as soon as you can, because time runs out.
- Drink more water than you normally do, and wear VERY comfortable shoes.
- Pack business cards. Tons of them. But get theirs, because then YOU can ensure a reply.
- Have a really simple, brief sentence to answer: “What do you do?” “What are you working on these days?” “What brings you to the conference?”
- Blog a VERY RECENT photo of yourself so that people know who they’re going to meet.