Farmers are fairly no-nonsense types. They wake up, get breakfast, and do their chores. They live by the season, worry about the yield, and think in reasonably conservative terms about what’s going to work for them. You think construction workers are sexy? Let’s talk about your farmer list.
Your Farmer List
By “farmer list,” let’s call this the chores you’ve gotta do every day. They’ll be different for everyone, but let’s lay out some starters to get you thinking. Then, the real opportunity will be for you to lay out your own farmer list, inspired by what this one makes you think. And by the way, this might remind you of 19 presence management chores you could do every day. It’s not entirely unintentional that I’m revisiting this.
- Get your blog post up. Make it helpful, worthy of comments, and unique.
- Comment on other people’s blog posts.
- Share other people’s blog posts.
- Comment back to people who’ve commented on your blog.
- Read something not related to your market.
- Connect with five people not in your vertical or your geography.
- Reconnect with people who matter. Drop an email or call. Don’t ask for anything.
- Look at the map of where you think things are going for your business. Anything change?
- Read the “weather” from the blogs you follow. Anything there?
- Think about what seeds you might plant for future projects.
- Share at the farmer’s market your best yields.
This is just a starting point to a much better list that you’ll write.
What goes on YOUR farmer’s list?
Photo credit mollypop
ChrisBrogan.com runs on the Genesis Framework
The Genesis Framework empowers you to quickly and easily build incredible websites with WordPress. Whether you're a novice or advanced developer, Genesis provides you with the secure and search-engine-optimized foundation that takes WordPress to places you never thought it could go.
With automatic theme updates and world-class support included, Genesis is the smart choice for your WordPress website or blog.
- Find out more about the framework features
- Check out the Genesis demo and the wide variety of child themes
- See example designs in the Genesis design showcase