I wanted to post this information I got from Mike Volpe from Hubspot because I think it’s really useful. (disclosure: Hubspot sponsors the Inbound Marketing Summit.)
HubSpot released the worldâ€™s largest Twitter study based on data from 4.5 million accounts over the past 9 months. In the last report we saw that 80% of accounts had completed their bio, but it seems like a much large portion of Twitter accounts are inactive or abandoned this time. For instance, out of the accounts Hubspot analyzed:
- 79.79% failed to provide a homepage URL
- 75.86% of users have not entered a bio in their profile
- 68.68% have not specified a location
- 55.50% are not following anyone
- 54.88% have never tweeted
- 52.71% have no followers
You can download the full report at: http://bit.ly/sotwitter
And they blogged about part of the data here: http://bit.ly/SOTblog0609.
ChrisBrogan.com runs on the Genesis Framework
The Genesis Framework empowers you to quickly and easily build incredible websites with WordPress. Whether you're a novice or advanced developer, Genesis provides you with the secure and search-engine-optimized foundation that takes WordPress to places you never thought it could go.
With automatic theme updates and world-class support included, Genesis is the smart choice for your WordPress website or blog.
- Find out more about the framework features
- Check out the Genesis demo and the wide variety of child themes
- See example designs in the Genesis design showcase