Evidently, I stunned the world by telling people what I charge for a day of my time. What a great opportunity to talk about pricing, value, worth, etc. Let’s just get right down to business on this one:
- Charge what you’re worth. Why are you letting me define you, in either direction. You can do math. Decide what your day is worth, and charge that.
- Charge what you can get. I told you my day rate. I didn’t tell you my logic. I charge that much because I don’t want hundreds of takers. I want 2-3 takers a month at that rate.
- Charge for the value of your content. My information is worth what I charge. It saves companies money. It makes companies money.
- Pay what you want. You get [chrisbrogan.com] for free every day. I write posts every day. There are YEARS of ideas in here you can use to make money. Other people do. All the damned time. Other people even wrap my stuff into their courses that THEY charge for. (As long as we’ve agreed to this, hey, I’m happy to help where I can.) But you don’t HAVE to pay to read [chrisbrogan.com]. I do it for free. Have for years. Same with my newsletter.
- Make more than one price point: My blog is free. My books are around $20. Third Tribe is $47 a month. Most events where you’ll see me range from $99 – $500 (their fees, not mine). You want a day of my time all to yourself? $22,000. You can afford ONE of those price points, right?
- Never let others set your rates. You know what you’re worth. You ask for what you’re worth. You defend the value you deliver.
Did I miss anything? What the market will bear? That’s kind of built into it all.
Pricing. This isn’t black magic. It’s business. It’s commerce. It’s fairly basic.
But are you measuring against me? Maybe not a good plan.
Photo credit jo jakeman
ChrisBrogan.com runs on the Genesis Framework
The Genesis Framework empowers you to quickly and easily build incredible websites with WordPress. Whether you're a novice or advanced developer, Genesis provides you with the secure and search-engine-optimized foundation that takes WordPress to places you never thought it could go.
With automatic theme updates and world-class support included, Genesis is the smart choice for your WordPress website or blog.
- Find out more about the framework features
- Check out the Genesis demo and the wide variety of child themes
- See example designs in the Genesis design showcase